Thursday, October 2, 2014

PJO: THE LAST OLYMPIAN - RICK RIORDAN

photographed and edited by : Faye Ong (tea-and-pretzels.blogspot.com)

This review is spoiler-free because it is one of the most beautiful finales I've ever read and I don't want any one of you to accidentally spoil yourself. I love you all a lot.

So this book is my absolute fave in the series. Sometimes, I'd just reread this over and over again without even reading the first four because it's that amazing. Now don't get me wrong, i had a severe book hangover after reading this. And this was a special one because it was my first actual book hangover. I couldn't really say that I bawled my eyes out, but I did come close once. This was more of a tear jerker for me because I've stuck with Percy and fell in love with him.

This book is filled with explosions at every turn of the page, and I meant that literally as well as figuratively. The last installment of the PJO series is action packed with Greek fire, gods and titans, blossoming romances, unearthly betrayals, flying pigs, killings, chaos and every thing you could possibly imagine for a 16 year old son of Poseidon who 's leading a war to happen to. Mostly set in New York City, we see the demigods that we've fallen in love with in the series, defend their own rights and stand up fr their lives.

Not to spoil anything, but you don't have to worry, I think for myself that everything will be alright in the end. Mild spoiler though, the end is a little bit of a cliffhanger. But again, don't worry! We still have the Heroes of Olympus series. That consequently means more tears and pain but okay.

I'll rate this a 5/5 because it was so beautifully written and there wasn't a dull moment in the entire book. You'll be on the edge of wherever you're reading because of it. I read The Lightning Thief when I was 12 and I could really say that this is one of the most beautiful pieces of art out there. Go read it!

Snack of the read: Cinamon oatmeal cookies + chocolate to ease the heart-wrenching agony of the ending A great alternative for a snack would be a fruit shake and a chocolate muffin. There will be food tips up along with my new series, The Book Hangover Chronicles, this following months. ilysm x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular x