Saturday, November 29, 2014

GETTING OVER A CHARACTER'S DEATH


Okay, brace yourselves. This is the hardest and most horrible part of being in a book hangover. Some deaths will affect us every single day of our lives for weeks, maybe months, or more. This isn't a temporary feeling. You can always get out of a book hangover but there are times when you jut cant forget about this one character that you loved and rooted so hard for. I know it hurts. I've had my load of this, too. And yes, I've never seem to get over them as of yet. Their names still ring even in the slightest things I do that reminds me of them.

Okay, I know what you're feeling. You really hate the author and you want to tear the book apart and just hide in a hole and stay there. Well at least, that's how I feel. Now it's alright to be mad at the author and the world just don't let that anger blind you.

Getting over a character's death is hard. It is a slow and painful process. It's hard to let go, it really is. But the trick to this is that you just have to wait until your finally ready to let go. And when you do that, you just have to remember that they will always be in your heart.

To be frank, there is no real way of getting over a characters death. I wallow up in tears and shut down every time this happens. And yes, that's normal. After all you've been through with that special character, the author just decides to kill him or her off. I know it isn't fair. it never is. But accept it, is all you can do. I can't tell you to move on because I myself never have. It's sad yes, it's an experience you'll hate but it's in this phase that you learn to find yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular x