Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER - STEPAHNIE PERKINS


Call me crazy. No I'm not actually joking, call me crazy. I borrowed this book from a good friend of mine and while i was in school, I managed to read about 130 pages and she said that i could bring it home with me because I looked like I was probably going to go crazy if I didn't finish it.

 Synopsis

 Isla is a hopeless romantic. She's been in love with Josh for as long she could remember being in SOAP. But now that he's right in front of her, will she break through her shell and finally reach out to just touch him?

Josh is alone. All his friends from last year have graduated. He's recently broken up with a girl he never actually loved. But what if a mysterious shy girl is there just waiting for him to actually do something; to take even the littlest step. Will he finally muster up some courage to start anew?

A meeting by chance, some wisdom teeth extracted, a drawing and a little rain can do a lot for Isla and Josh. Find yourself in this masterpiece by Stephanie Perkins about finding true love and taking the risk.

{ Wasn't that synopsis good, or what? I have my thinking hat on really I do and my fingers are literally flying over the keyboard }

Review 

 SPOILERS AHEAD


I finished it in less than 10 hours. I'm not joking. The time I read it could have probably been only five though. but wow, i never flew through a book that fast. It was so good, I wanted to inhale the whole thing. It was bursting with comedy, drama, romance, new people, new places and new oppurtunities.

I am hopelessly, helplessly in love with Joshua Wasserstein. He is so beautiful, so wonderful, so perfect which just proves my theory that boys are better in books. His relationship with Isla was so beautiful, so cute, so perfect. Oh how I want to roll on the floor and cry right now. They went to Spain. Let me repeat that, THEY WENT TO SPAIN. They went there together, i don't know why I'm saying it over and over  again, but wow. A date in Spain, that'd be nice.

And yes they did break up that one time, but I knew that they weren't over each other. And Hattie, Isla's devilish little sister, was the reason why the two finally got to their senses and finally decided to see each other. As much as I hated her because she was one of the reasons why Josh got expelled, her character development was amazing to read along through.

And can we talk about all the couples meeting at that restaurant? I'm going to cry, excuse me while I do. CAN WE TALK ABOUT ANNA AND ETIENNE? Okay now Im going to jump off a roof. Let me be, but wow I didn't expect that, so naturally I cried. A lot.

And now let us address BSB, Josh's life story. Wow, when Isla finished reading that and Josh was outside after all this time, at 2 in the morning?! Wow josh, props to you for being so creative. And that time in the end of the book when they were at the cafe and Isla asked Josh what comes next, naturally, it's the happily ever after.

I was quite afraid to read this because I was bummed after reading Lola and the Boy Next Door. Stephanie Perkins made me proud again! A round of applause to Mrs. Perkins, everybody! 5 out of 5! ilysm x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular x