Monday, December 1, 2014

LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR - STEPHANIE PERKINS

Synopsis

Budding fashion designer Lola Nolan is as eccentric as it gets. She doesn't believe in fashion, she believes in costume. Despite that, she's got her future all planned out and everything is great and dandy. She has a rocker boyfriend, Max, a loving family, and of curse, her lovely costumes. But everything seemed to go downhill when the Bell twins arrive. Right next door. With Calliope her former best friend turned bully, and Cricket, also a friend or not so much so. How would life go on, she asks herself.

Review 

NO SPOILERS at least I think there aren't

I liked it quite a lot but it wasn't my fave. I didn't have the hype I felt while reading Anna and The French Kiss but i am not comparing. This was a really really cute book. Even though Lola's out of the box fashion sometimes boggles my mind, I love her for being her. Cricket is such a gentleman. He's literally a gentle giant of sorts. Bless his wonderful hands. I manged to mend the rIft between Calliope and I already. The character development was quite slow at first but towards the end, everything feel into place.

I didn't get enough Lola and Cricket action and the ending wasn't what i was expecting for but Stephanie Perkins has made yet another beauty set in San Fransisco, this contemporary is bustling with eccentric fashion, romance, drama with family, friends and boyfriends, starry nights and cutesy moments. 3.75/5 for this book!

Stay tuned for my very lengthy Isla and the Happily Ever After review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular x